Laptop connects to wireless router but not Internet
The laptop connects to the wireless router but not Internet. You open the web browser but cannot access any website. Another computer works fine with the same router.
1. Wrong settings.
2. Software related problem.
Possible troubleshooting steps and repair solution:
1. Go to the browser internet options and reset settings back to defaults. Restart the laptop and try connecting to the Internet.
2. Check connection setting in the wireless router. They must match settings entered in the laptop.
3. If all connection setting entered correctly but you still cannot access the Internet, try downloading and reinstalling the wireless card driver.
4. Back up all personal data and reinstall Windows from scratch. Install wireless card driver. Test connection to the Internet again.